Book Habitual Offenders of Bovine and Drug Smuggling under PSA, Says J&K DGP
The process of registering and chargesheeting such cases should be put on fast track and the culprits booked under the PSA, J&K DGP Dilbagh Singh added.
Jammu and Kashmir DGP Dilbag Singh.
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police Dilbagh Singh on Monday asked his officers to take stern action against habitual drug peddlers and bovine smugglers under the stringent Public Safety Act (PSA).
An official release issued by the police stated that Singh, while complimenting police personnel for maintaining peace and order, said that besides fighting terrorism, the police has to ensure that other crimes remain under check.
He said the cases of social crime, bovine smuggling, drug peddling etc must be registered and investigated professionally, and added that transparent investigation be assured so that the criminals get convicted.
He directed district SSPs to make strong cases against habitual offenders in drug peddling and bovine smuggling.
The process of registering and chargesheeting such cases should be put on fast track and the culprits booked under the PSA, the DGP added.
He was chairing a meeting to assess the crime and security situation in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
Singh and the other senior officers observed two- minute silence to mourn the death of CRPF Deputy Inspector General Shalinder Kumar Singh and his driver, who died in a road accident on Sunday
evening near Khooni Nallah on Jammu-Srinagar national highway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Review: Valiant Battle to Keep Android Relevant in The Workplace
- 'Kambal Chor' Trends on Twitter as Videos of UP Police 'Stealing' Blankets from Protesters Go Viral
- Gustav Klimt's Solen Artwork Worth $66 Million Found in Wall of Art Gallery from Where it Went Missing
- Republic Day Offer: Four Asus Phones Get Discounts Upto Rs 4,000 in Flipkart Sale
- Airtel Thanks Offering Users Two-Day Early Access to Big Bazaar 'Sabse Sasta' Sale