Brigadier Kurichu, Close Aide of Late SS Khaplang, Passes Away in Myanmar
Self-styled brigadier Kurichu was ‘wanted’ by the Indian security forces and passed away at a hospital in Myanmar’s Sagaing region.
Photo Used for Representation (File Photo)
Guwahati: Insurgent leader, Brigadier Kurichu of Naga Army of National Socialist Council of Nagaland died on Monday. He was one of the close aides of late SS Khaplang, leader of insurgent group National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN).
Self-styled brigadier Kurichu was ‘wanted’ by the Indian security forces. He passed away at a hospital in Myanmar’s Sagaing region.
According to NSCN (K), Kurichu was among the top leaders of the outfit and was known to be an influential one. He was seen as a hero figure in his circle.
Kurichu was admitted to the Hkamti civil hospital of Sagaing division days before the operations against such outfits had intensified.
Recommended For You
- WATCH | Kapil Dev Recollects His Knock of 175 Against Zimbabwe
- Not Your or Rest of World’s Business: Sania Mirza, Veena Mallik Engage in Twitter Spat Post India's Win Over Pakistan
- How Avengers Endgame Continued Marvel Sequels' Winning Streak at the Box Office
- Support Pours in From Music Industry After Megadeth Frontman Dave Mustaine Diagnosed With Throat Cancer
- Biker Saves Three Girls from Eve-Teasing, Shows Importance of Mounted Cams in India
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s