Broken by Health Issues, Doctor Attempts Suicide After Killing Mother and Sister in Bengaluru
According to the police, the family was also upset over not being able to find a marital alliance for Govinda.
representative image (File photo/Reuters)
Bengaluru: A doctor upset over health issues allegedly injected an overdose of diabetic medicine to his mother and sister and later attempted suicide on Friday night.
The deceased were identified as Mookambika, 76, and her daughter Shyamala, 46. Mookambika's son Govinda Prakash, however, remains critical at a private hospital in the city.
They were found unconscious on Saturday morning by Mookambika's husband Subbarai Bhat. Bhat immediately informed the neighbours and a doctor was called in who found only his son alive.
The residents of Rajarajeshwari Nagar said that the family was upset over various health issues they were suffering from. Govinda Prakash has been suffering from migraine for the last 10 years. Mookambika too had been under medication for migraine, while Shyamala, a lawyer, had migraine and back pain.
Govinda, a doctor, was running a clinic in Hampi and had returned home two months ago. According to the police, the family was also upset over not being able to find a marital alliance for Govinda.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Vicky Kaushal Displays His Love for Blue in This Instagram Post, Deepika Padukone Calls Him Cheeseball
- Parineeti Chopra Relaxes on Her Maldives Holiday, See Pics
- Pullela Gopichand Admits Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Need to Buck Up, Not Worried About PV Sindhu
- Kia Carnival First Drive Review: The Premium MPV India Deserved for Long
- Apple Watch Heart Rate Monitor Detects Another Undiagnosed AFib Case