BSF Jawan Kills Self With Service Rifle in Jammu Camp, Motive Unknown
Head constable Ram Charan, posted with the 126th battalion, was on duty when he fatally shot himself in the neck at Sunderbani BSF headquarters late Saturday evening.
Picture for Representation. (Image: PTI)
Jammu; A BSF jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service rifle inside a camp in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said on Sunday.
Head constable Ram Charan, posted with the 126th battalion, was on duty when he fatally shot himself in the neck at Sunderbani BSF headquarters late Saturday evening, the officials said.
On hearing the gunshot, his colleagues rushed him to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead, the officials said adding, the motive behind his taking such an extreme step was not known immediately.
Police have registered a case in this connection and handed over the body of the deceased to his unit after legal and medical formalities this morning, they said. PTI TAS
Recommended For You
- ICJ Rules in favour of India: A Timeline of Kulbhushan Jadhav Case
- Vidya Balan Rocks 'Desi' Look, Imparts 'Shastron Ka Gyan' in Hilarious Video
- Priyanka Chopra Posts Special Note to 'J Sister' Sophie Turner After Emmy Nomination
- People are Using FaceApp's Aging Filter to Compare Selfies with Photos of their Parents
- World Emoji Day: There are New Differently Abled, Food, Animal and Saree Emojis Coming to Your iPhone