BSF Jawan Shoots Colleague Dead Following Argument in Ghaziabad Camp
Constable Ajit fatally shot his batchmate Jagpreet from his INSAS rifle at about 6 am at a temporary camp on the Link road area in Ghaziabad.
Ghaziabad: A BSF jawan on Monday allegedly shot dead his colleague at a camp here, officials said.
Constable Ajit fatally shot his batchmate Jagpreet from his INSAS rifle at about 6 am at a temporary camp on the Link road area.
Both the jawans belong to the 95th battalion of the border guarding force based in Gurgaon and were deployed as part of a unit to aid the Ghaziabad Police in law and order duties, they said.
The exact reason as to why and how the alleged fratricide incident took place is being ascertained even as the Border Security Force has ordered an inquiry into the incident, they said.
It is suspected that the two jawans, who joined the paramilitary force in 2012, had an argument in the morning after which Ajit allegedly pulled the trigger, the officials added.
Senior officials of the BSF and police have reached the spot and a probe is on, they added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know
- IndiGo Passengers Stuck in Aerobridge for 8 Hours, Airline Blames Bad Weather for Delay
- Peeling Back the Days: The Year of the Onion – An Autobiography
- Thousands of 'Penis Fish' Wash Up on California Beach and Social Media is 'Shook'
- You Can Now Buy a Baby Yoda Toy for Rs 21,000, But Here's the Catch