BSF Nabs Man from Punjab's Indo-Pak Border Area Under Suspicious Circumstances
The Border Security Force personnel took Mohd Shahrukh into custody after his answers during questioning were incoherent. A mobile phone with "suspicious numbers" was also recovered.
Image for representation (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: A 21-year-old man has been apprehended by the BSF from Firozpur area of Punjab after his movement along the India-Pakistan border in the state raised suspicion, officials said Friday.
A mobile phone recovered from Mohd Shahrukh, a resident of Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh, had some "suspicious numbers" stored in it. He was selling bed sheets on a bike in the border area, a senior official said.
The man had an Aadhaar card. Since his answers during questioning were incoherent, Mohd Shahrukh was handed over to police for further interrogation and probe, he said.
The police is probing if the man was indulging in any suspicious activity or spying in the area as a high alert has been sounded in the border areas along Pakistan in the wake of the heightened tension between the two neighbours.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Malaika Arora Poses in Black Sequin Jumpsuit, Sizzles Like Star Girl Even at 45
- Post #MeToo, 19% Men Don't Want to Hire 'Attractive' Women, Reveals Survey
- Sara Ali Khan Gets Papped Outside Rumoured Boyfriend Kartik Aaryan's House
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance