BSF Officer Injured in Pakistan Shelling Along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch
ASI Satyapal Singh suffered splinter injuries when a mortar shell exploded near him while manning a forward post at Baloni in Krishna Ghati sector on Friday night.
Image for representation
Jammu: A BSF officer was injured in the cross-border shelling by the Pakistan Army along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district, officials said on Sunday.
Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Satyapal Singh suffered splinter injuries when a mortar shell exploded near him while manning a forward post at Baloni in Krishna Ghati sector on Friday night, they said.
The officials said the officer was shifted to the military hospital and his condition was "stable".
Indian troops guarding the LoC also retaliated to the unprovoked shelling by Pakistan and the border skirmishes between the two sides lasted for a very brief period, they said, adding there was no report of fresh ceasefire violation from anywhere along the LoC since then.
Recommended For You
- Twitter Explodes with 'Priyanka Chopra Joins RSS' Memes as Actress Steps Out in Khaki Shorts
- Played Pokémon Growing Up? Your Brain May Have a 'Special Region' For It
- Support Pours in From Music Industry After Megadeth Frontman Dave Mustaine Diagnosed With Throat Cancer
- Xiaomi is Making Fun of Other Android Smartphones With Notches, as it Promotes The Mi 9T
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s