BSF Rescues Pregnant Woman from Snow-covered Area of North Kashmir, Delivers Baby
Officials said the family of the 22-year-old woman made a distress call to the district administration at about 11:30 am on Thursday as the lady experienced premature labour pains.
Image for representation. (PTI)
Srinagar: A woman rescued by a BSF team from a snow-covered area of north Kashmir on Thursday delivered a baby girl, officials said on Friday.
They said the family of the 22-year-old woman made a distress call to the district administration at about 11:30 am on Thursday as the lady experienced premature labour pains.
The area was cut off due to heavy snowfall and hence the administration alerted BSF's 70th battalion located close in Singhpora, they said.
A team of 70 Border Security Force (BSF) personnel rushed in and cleared several kilometres of snow-covered road to transport the woman on a force vehicle.
Due to heavy snow in the area, the family was unable to reach any health facility on their own, they said.
The woman was rushed by the troops to the Baramulla district hospital on Thursday where she delivered a baby girl today.
Both of them are fine, a senior official said.
"The BSF is always committed to the help and security of the local people," Sanjay Sharma, Commandant of the 70th BSF battalion, said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Runner-up Asim Riaz Shares How Himanshi Khurana is Special to Him
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra India Price Announced: Here Are All The Details
- Bigg Boss 13: Shilpa Shinde Says Sidharth Shukla was in a 'Violent and Aggressive' Relationship with Her
- Coronavirus Scare Has People Searching For Answers; Google Lists The Common Questions
- Nike React Infinity Run Review: Without Doubt, Miles Ahead of The Adidas Boost