BSF Seizes Two Pak Fishing Boats Abandoned in Sir Creek Area Near Kutch
A team of BSF jawans, patrolling the area, found the boats at Lakshman Point in Sir Creek, an estuary along the Indo-Pak border, around 8.25 am, an official said.
A patrolling party of BSF while patrolling in the area of Dafa creek, seized 2 wooden Pakistani fishing boats on Saturday. (Image:ANI/Twitter)
Bhuj: The Border Security Force (BSF) seized two Pakistani fishing boats abandoned in Sir Creek area near Kutch district in Gujarat on Saturday morning, an official said.
A team of BSF jawans, patrolling the area, found the boats at Lakshman Point in Sir Creek, an estuary along the Indo-Pak border, around 8.25 am, the official said.
The boats were carrying fishing equipment, but nobody was found on board, the official added. Following the seizure, the BSF launched a search operation along the border area, he said, adding that nothing suspicious was found so far.
In a release, the BSF said, "A thorough search operation of the area has been launched. It is still underway, but so far nothing suspicious has been recovered from the area."
Security agencies have reported several cases of Pakistani fishing boats lying abandoned in the area in the last couple of months.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rangoli Chandel Thanks Kangana Ranaut for Supporting Her During Acid-attack Incident
- Bigg Boss 13 Winner Prediction: Hold on Sidharth-Asim, There's Shehnaaz-Rashami
- Bigg Boss 13: Sara Ali Khan Greets Salman Khan with Aadaab and Internet is Loving it
- WhatsApp Users, Dark Mode is Finally Rolling Out With Beta For Android: Here is How to Use it
- Udit Narayan Opens up About Aditya Narayan-Neha Kakkar Wedding Rumours