Burglars Break into Bank in UP Village, Return Empty-handed After Failing to Open Cash Box
The matter came to light after the staff members reached the bank on Tuesday morning, police said.
Photo for representation only.
Muzaffarnagar: A group of burglars broke into a branch of State Bank of India in Barla village here and made an unsuccessful attempt to break open the cash box, police said on Tuesday.
They made away with a gun and cartridges from the bank under Chhapar police station area, they said.
According to Station House Officer (SHO) Pawan Sharma, the burglars entered the bank, 25 kms from the Delhi-Dehradun highway, on Monday night by breaking a wall.
The matter came to light after the staff members reached the bank on Tuesday morning, he said.
An investigation has been launched in the matter, the SHO said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know
- Mardaani 2 and Jumanji The Next Level Box Office Day 2: Both Films Record Growth
- Garam Hava Actress Gita Siddharth Kak Passes Away in Mumbai
- Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1 Review: A Business Laptop With a Pleasing Personality
- Football in Snow: Watch Real Kashmir FC Players Practice for I-League in Srinagar