Bus With over 40 Female Passengers Overturns in Noida, Several Injured
The incident took place around 6 am at a roundabout in Sector 93, Noida, under Phase 2 police station limits, an official said.
Bus with over 40 passengers overturn in Noida. (Image: PTI)
Noida: A bus ferrying over 40 female employees of a private company overturned here Saturday morning after it was hit by a speeding truck, resulting in injuries to several passengers, police said.
The incident took place around 6 am at a roundabout in Sector 93 here, under Phase 2 police station limits, an official said.
"The bus had 42 passengers, all women employees of a private firm, who were on their way to work when their vehicle overturned after being hit by a truck," SHO Phase 2 Farmood Ali Pundir said.
All the injured were rushed to a nearby hospital, while those critically wounded were taken to Kailash Hospital, he said.
"The truck involved in the incident has been impounded and its driver detained," the SHO said.
There is no law and order situation at the site and further probe is underway, Pundir said, adding there has been no official complaint in the matter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- In Pursuit of Love, World's Loudest Bird Sings Heart out in 'Theatrical Swivel'
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm