Buyers Denied Flat in Mumbai for Being Non-vegetarian: MNS
The Raj Thackeray-led MNS has alleged that some builders in Mumbai were not selling flats to buyers who were non-vegetarian and also bringing in caste and community considerations in the transaction.
Image for representation only(Photo: Reuters)
Mumbai: The Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena has alleged that some builders in Mumbai were not selling flats to buyers who were non-vegetarian and also bringing in caste and community considerations in the transaction.
MNS functionary from Mahim, Sandip Deshpande, in a letter to a builder, said buyers are being deprived of flats for being non-vegetarian.
The letter warned that builders not implementing the MNS diktat would face the party's ire.
MNS sources said the appeal had got prompt response, with a prominent builder giving a written assurance that there won't be any discrimination.
Dhuri, who was looking to buy two-BHK flat, was apparently told that the housing complex was for Gujaratis
only, when he had called the builder's office.
There have been instances of housing societies in Mumbai ensuring that only vegetarians are allowed to move in.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 6 Review: The Amitabh Bachchan of Flagship Smartphones
- BCCI vs CoA: Battle Heats Up as Officials Accuse Committee of Obstructing Lodha Reforms
- Royal Wedding Guests Cash in On Official Goody Bag, Bid Reaches 50,000 Pounds
- 2018 Hyundai Creta SUV Facelift With Sunroof and Smart Key Band - Detailed Image Gallery
- Samsung Galaxy A6+ First Impressions Review: A Complete Package