Calcutta HC Vacates Order Granting Protection from Arrest to Ex-Top Cop in Connection with Saradha Scam
The court also rejected Rajeev Kumar's prayer for quashing of a CBI notice that sought his appearance for questioning in the case.
Image for representation.
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court on Friday vacated its order granting protection from arrest to former Kolkata Police commissioner Rajeev Kumar in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam.
The court also rejected Kumar's prayer for quashing of a CBI notice that sought his appearance for questioning in the case.
Kumar, who is currently the West Bengal CID Additional Director General, was part of a Special Investigation Team set up by the state government to investigate the scam before the Supreme Court handed over the case to the CBI in 2014, along with other chit fund cases.
The Saradha group of companies has allegedly duped lakhs of people to the tune of Rs 2500 crore, promising higher rates of returns on their investments.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ragnarok Director Taika Waititi Finally Reveals Who's the Real Star of Thor Love and Thunder
- Salman Khan Turns Chef, Makes 'Khichdi' and 'Raita' in New Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot
- Denmark Buys 4 Elephants from Circus to Protect Their Rights and Welfare