Car Rams into Crowd in Delhi's Model Town, 1 Injured
The victim, Kamal, was admitted to a nearby hospital and discharged after treatment. The driver is yet to be identified, police said.
New Delhi: A car rammed into a crowd in northwest Delhi's Model Town, injuring a man, police said on Monday.
An official said a case has been registered after a video was posted on social media purportedly showing a sedan car speeding through the crowd on a busy road Old Gupta Colony of Model Town on Sunday night.
The victim, Kamal, was admitted to a nearby hospital and discharged after treatment. The driver is yet to be identified, the police said.
"A case under Sections 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way) and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered at Model Town police station on the statement of the injured person," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northwest) Vijayanta Arya said.
Efforts are on to identify the car and arrest the driver, the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Salman Khan Miffed with Ranbir Kapoor's Tentative Film's Title Devil?
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image
- Europa League 2019, Manchester United vs Astana Live Streaming: When and Where to Watch Live Telecast