Case Against Dubai Returnee for Breaking Home Quarantine in Navi Mumbai
When civic officials visited his house on Saturday afternoon, they found the man had gone to Vashi to meet his brother.
Image for Representation. (PTI)
Mumbai: A case was registered against a 34-year-old man for breaking mandatory home quarantine and leaving house in neighbouring Navi Mumbai on Saturday, the police said.
The man, a resident of Kamothe area, had returned from Dubai a week ago, said a police official.
He had tested negative for the coronavirus but was nevertheless asked to stay at home for two weeks.
When civic officials visited his house on Saturday afternoon, they found he had gone to Vashi to meet his brother.
He was summoned and a case under IPC section 188 (defying lawful order of a public servant) was registered against him at Kamothe police station, the official said.
He and his family members, who too had been advised home isolation, were afterwards sent to quarantine centre in Kharghar, the official added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- India's Domestic Abuse Survivors are in Lockdown with their Monsters, But Helplines Are Not Ringing
- Deepika Padukone Turns Masterchef For Hubby Ranveer Singh, Cooks Thai Curry
- Selena Gomez Reveals She has Bipolar Disorder During Instagram Chat with Miley Cyrus
- Smriti Mandhana Hosted a Q&A Session on Twitter and it Turned Out to be a Laugh Riot
- FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup in India Postponed Due to Coronavirus Pandemic