Cattle Trader Robbed, Shot Dead in Muzaffarnagar
The deceased was returning to his home in Mansurpur village from a cattle mela in Bihari village when the incident took place, police said.
(Image for representation only)
Muzaffarnagar: A cattle trader was shot dead and robbed of Rs 1,50,000 near Sikheda village here Saturday, police said.
The deceased was identified as Akhlak. He was returning to his home in Mansurpur village from a cattle mela in Bihari village when the incident took place, police said.
According to City SP Ombir Singh, two armed men intercepted Akhlak's e-rickshaw, shot him and robbed Rs 1,50,000 cash from a case in the vehicle.
On information, senior police officers rushed to the spot and started search operations. The body of the deceased was sent for post-mortem, officials said
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- Netflix Reveals Why Pankaj Tripathi Was the Perfect Choice for 'Guruji' in 'Sacred Games' 2
- Those Who Said I Didn’t Deserve to Be in Films Have Retired but I’m Still Here, Says John Abraham
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Surface Book 2 Firmware Update Causing CPU Issues