CBI Arrests Ayush Ministry's Under Secretary for Allegedly Taking Bribe
An agent had approached the CBI with a complaint, alleging that the under secretary had demanded the bribe for clearing his pending bills and allowing him to continue with his work, officials said.
Image for representation only.
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday arrested an under secretary in the Ayush Ministry for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 10 lakh, officials said.
R K Khatri, holding the additional charge of the post of managing director of Indian Medicine and Pharmaceutical Corporation under the ministry, was nabbed while allegedly accepting the bribe from a clearing and forwarding agent, they said.
The agent had approached the CBI with a complaint, alleging that Khatri had demanded the bribe for clearing his pending bills and allowing him to continue with his work, they said.
The agency is carrying out searches at the office and residential premises of the officer, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Spotify Premium Now Available With 3 Months of Free Access for New Users
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Hardik Pandya Turns Showstopper at Lakme Fashion Week
- Cristiano Ronaldo Praises Lionel Messi, Says He 'Made me a Better Player'
- Woman Abandoned by Boyfriend on a Road Trip Assumed She was Being Pranked