CBI Arrests GST Superintendent from Meerut in Rs 3 Lakh Bribe Case
ikas Kumar Singh, posted at the GST department, Meerut, was caught by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for allegedly receiving the bribe, officials said.
File Photo of CBI logo.
New Delhi: The CBI has arrested a superintendent in the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Department from Meerut for allegedly taking Rs 3 lakh to clear a pending case, officials said on Friday.
Vikas Kumar Singh, posted at the GST department, Meerut, was caught by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for allegedly receiving the bribe, they said.
The agency's teams from the Ghaziabad unit carried out searches at the GST office in Meerut on Friday morning, the officials said.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Shows Off Pet Photography Skills with Pics of Her Cat and Ranbir Kapoor's Dogs
- Wanderlust? Deepika Padukone has the Perfect Weekend Travel Idea During Coronavirus Lockdown
- After Ramayan and Mahabharat, 5 Iconic DD National Shows that Deserve Re-run
- Harassed and Beaten, Animal Lovers Desperately Try to Ensure Pets and Strays Survive the Lockdown
- Kane Williamson's Adorable Doggo Pulling off a Stunner in the Slips Will Make Your Day