CBI arrests Himachal Pradesh Bureaucrat in a Bribery Case
The CBI has arrested a Himachal Pradesh government official and a private individual in a Rs 5 lakh bribery case.
Image for representation only.
New Delhi: The CBI has arrested a Himachal Pradesh government official and a private individual in a Rs 5 lakh bribery case.
It was alleged that a private pharma company had sought 15 percent capital investment subsidy on the purchase of new machinery installed in its factory.
On the request of the private firm, which is the complainant in the case, the official agreed to accept Rs 5 lakh as first instalment, he said.
Gaur said the CBI laid a trap in Chandigarh and caught the accused red-handed last night. The second arrested person has been identified as Ashok Rana.
"Searches led to recovery of Rs 38,960, a few (notes of) US Dollars and Euros, 170 gm gold, 350 gm silver; papers pertaining to LIC policies and bank locker keys," he said.
Sharma had allegedly told the complainant that a portion of the bribe demanded by him would also go to Raghuvanshi, a private secretary of the chief minister, in Delhi.
The CBI has alleged in its FIR that it has recorded this conversation and it will be used as evidence in the case in the court.
Sources, however, clarified that these were claims made by Sharma which were yet to be verified.
Recommended For You
- Manchester United Bounce Back Against Tottenham to Seal FA Cup Final Berth
- Cyber Terrorism: Teen Gets Two Years Jail For Accessing CIA Head's Email Account
- Calvin Harris, Madonna, Alia Bhatt and Others Mourn DJ Avicii's Sudden Demise
- India Favourites to Win World Cup, Says Sehwag
- CJI Impeachment: Can the Chief Justice of India Be Impeached?