CBI Arrests Vice-President of Company for Trying to Offer 2-crore Bribe to its Officers
VP of Soma Enterprises P R Rao was taken into custody following the arrest of MHA official Dheeraj Singh and private person Dinesh Chand Gupta, who were arrested in on Thursday.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday arrested vice-president of Soma Enterprises P R Rao for allegedly trying to offer a Rs 2-crore bribe to its DIG-ranked officers to clear a pending probe against the company, officials said.
Rao was taken into custody following the arrest of MHA official Dheeraj Singh and private person Dinesh Chand Gupta, who were arrested in an operation on Thursday morning, they said. It is alleged that Singh, posted in the Police-I Division of the MHA, had called the DIG-ranked officer for a meeting.
During the meeting, he offered a Rs 2-crore bribe to settle the matter against the company.
The DIG apprised his seniors and filed a complaint regarding the offer made to him, they said.
During the monitored negotiations, it was agreed that a payment of Rs 16 lakh would be made on Thursday, they said.
The agency laid a trap and arrested Singh and Gupta with the alleged bribe money of Rs 16 lakh when they came to make the payment, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Goal