CBI Confronts Chidambaram with Ex-CEO of NITI Ayog in Connection With INX Media Case
A 1975-batch IAS officer of the Union Territory cadre, Khullar was the additional secretary in the Finance Ministry when developments related to the INX Media allegedly took place.
Senior Congress leader P Chidambaram after being produced at a CBI court in the INX media case, in New Delhi, Monday, Aug 26, 2019. (PTI Photo/Ravi Choudhary)
New Delhi: The CBI has confronted arrested former finance minister P Chidambaram with former NITI Aayog CEO Sindhushree Khullar in connection with the INX Media case, officials said on Monday.
A 1975-batch IAS officer of the Union Territory cadre, Khullar was the additional secretary in the Finance Ministry when developments related to the INX Media allegedly took place, they said.
She arrived at the CBI headquarters in the morning but the questioning could not be completed, and she has been called again on Tuesday, they said.
The CBI has sought sanction to prosecute her in the case, they said.
The agency has alleged irregularities in the grant of Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance to INX Media for bringing in foreign investment.
The CBI arrested the former Union minister on August 21.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers