CBI Files Charge Sheet in Delhi Court in Unnao Gang Rape Case, 3 More Accused Named
The court listed the case for Oct 10 after CBI sought time to file additional documents and list of witnesses to be examined in support of the prosecution version.
New Delhi: The CBI Thursday filed a charge sheet in a case of alleged gang rape of the Unnao rape survivor on June 11, 2017, when she was a minor.
This is a case separate from the one of her alleged rape by expelled BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar on June 4, 2017 at his residence. The charge sheet in the gang rape was filed before District Judge Dharmesh Sharma.
The court listed the case for October 10 after the investigative agency sought time to file additional documents and list of witnesses to be examined in support of the prosecution version.
The CBI has named three persons as accused in the charge sheet -- Naresh Tiwari, Brijesh Yadav Singh and Shubham Singh. All three are out on bail.
According to the charge sheet, the three had allegedly kidnapped and gang-raped the woman a week after the June 4 incident.
Shubham Singh is the son of Shashi Singh, who had allegedly lured the woman to the MLA's residence on June 4 and is a co-accused in that matter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India