Narendra Dabholkar Murder: CBI Files Supplementary Charge Sheet Against Two Accused in 2013 Case
Dabholkar, 67, a renowned anti-superstition activist, was shot dead by unidentified gunmen while on a morning walk here on August 20, 2013.
File photo of a Narendra Dabholkar.
Pune: The CBI on Wednesday filed a supplementary charge sheet against two accused-- Sanjeev Punalekar and Vikram Bhave-- in a court here in the 2013 murder case of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar.
While Bhave is lodged in Yerawada jail under judicial custody, Punalekar, a lawyer, is out on bail.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), through its special public prosecutor, Prakash Suryawanshi, filed the supplementary charge sheet in the court of assistant sessions judge S R Navandar, presiding over a special UAPA court here.
Dabholkar (67), a renowned anti-superstition activist, was shot dead by unidentified gunmen while on a morning walk here on August 20, 2013.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Thousands of 'Penis Fish' Wash Up on California Beach and Social Media is 'Shook'
- Anurag Kashyap on Citizenship Amendment Bill: We have Voted for it, We Should Keep Getting it
- #DogsAtPollingStations: Here's Why UK Voters Turned Up with Pets for Brexit Ballot
- WhatsApp Will Sue Businesses That Bombard Users Will Bulk Messages
- Tata Motors Offers Year-End Discounts Worth Rs 1 Lakh