CBI Questions Samajwadi Party MP Ateeq Ahmed in Abduction, Assault Case
The CBI, early this year, had registered a case against Ahmed for allegedly assaulting and abducting real estate dealer Mohit Jaiswal in December 2018.
File photo of Ateeq Ahmed.
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday questioned former Samajwadi Party MP Ateeq Ahmed in a Gujarat jail in connection with a case of alleged abduction and assault of a businessman, officials said.
The agency recorded his statement at the Sabarmati jail, they said.
The CBI, early this year, had registered a case against Ahmed for allegedly assaulting and abducting real estate dealer Mohit Jaiswal in December 2018. Ahmed was then lodged at the Deoria jail.
The agency had then raided some of his premises too.
The case was registered following the Supreme Court's direction.
Jaiswal was abducted from Lucknow and taken to Deoria jail, where he was allegedly assaulted by Ahmed and his aides, who were lodged there, and forced to transfer his business to them, the CBI FIR had claimed.
Ahmed was an SP member in the 14th Lok Sabha from Phulpur in Uttar Pradesh from 2004 to 2009.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Steve Harvey Goofed up Costume Winner at Miss Universe 2019 and Internet Had a Déjà Vu Moment
- Aamir Khan Shoots for Laal Singh Chaddha on Howrah Bridge
- I-League 2019-20: Srinagar Airport 'Inoperative', Real Kashmir FC's Next 2 Games Cancelled
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting