CBI Registered 160 Cases against Senior Govt Babus, Politicians in Past Three Years
Of the total cases, 54 were registered against joint secretary and above level officers, 50 against board level officers in banks and public sector undertakings and 56 against politicians.
File photo of CBI headquarters in New Delhi. (PTI)
New Delhi: As many as 160 cases have been registered by the CBI against senior government officials and politicians in last three years, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
"CBI has registered a total of 160 cases (regular case/preliminary enquiry) against the officers of joint secretary and above level, board level officers in banks & PSUs and politicians during the last three years i.e. 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 (up to October 31, 2019)," Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh said in a written reply.
Of the total cases, 54 were registered against joint secretary and above level officers, 50 against board level officers in banks and public sector undertakings and 56 against politicians, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt Dancing for Brahmastra Song in Varanasi is Lit
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges
- Football in Snow: Watch Real Kashmir FC Players Practice for I-League in Srinagar
- Neymar Hits FC Barcelona With Fresh Lawsuit to Demand Unpaid Wages
- WhatsApp Will Sue Businesses That Bombard Users Will Bulk Messages