CBI Searches 110 Locations Across 19 States in Corruption, Arms Smuggling Cases
This is second massive search operation by the CBI in a week. A similar operation was carried out last Tuesday against banking fraud accused.
File photo of CBI headquarters. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: In a countrywide operation, the CBI carried out searches at 110 locations across 19 states in connection with fresh cases related to alleged corruption, arms smuggling and criminal misconduct, officials said Tuesday.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered 30 fresh cases, they said.
The operation is spread across Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Jammu, Srinagar, Pune, Jaipur, Goa, Raipur, Hyderabad, Madurai, Kolkata, Rourkela, Ranchi, Bokaro, Lucknow, Kanpur and other locations in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Odisha, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Bihar.
Details of cases in which the searches are being carried out is being kept secret till the operation gets over, the officials said.
This is second massive search operation by the agency in a week. A similar operation was carried out last Tuesday against banking fraud accused.
Recommended For You
- India Drawn Alongside Qatar in 2nd Round of 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers
- Is Chunky Panday the First Confirmed Celebrity Contestant of Salman Khan's Bigg Boss 13?
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro and K20 India Launch: Price, Availability, Features, and More
- People are Using FaceApp's Aging Filter to Compare Selfies with Photos of their Parents
- Big Tech Quartet's Antitrust Hearing Highlights Their Sheer Might and Murky Policies