CBI Searches 110 Locations Across 19 States in Corruption, Arms Smuggling Cases
This is second massive search operation by the CBI in a week. A similar operation was carried out last Tuesday against banking fraud accused.
File photo of CBI headquarters. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: In a countrywide operation, the CBI carried out searches at 110 locations across 19 states in connection with fresh cases related to alleged corruption, arms smuggling and criminal misconduct, officials said Tuesday.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered 30 fresh cases, they said.
The operation is spread across Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Jammu, Srinagar, Pune, Jaipur, Goa, Raipur, Hyderabad, Madurai, Kolkata, Rourkela, Ranchi, Bokaro, Lucknow, Kanpur and other locations in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Odisha, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Bihar.
Details of cases in which the searches are being carried out is being kept secret till the operation gets over, the officials said.
This is second massive search operation by the agency in a week. A similar operation was carried out last Tuesday against banking fraud accused.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Burglar Kisses Elderly Woman to Calm Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- Amitabh Bachchan Was Never Hospitalised, Say Kaun Banega Crorepati Sources
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football