CBI Summons Bengal Minister Partha Chatterjee in Connection with Saradha Scam Probe
Partha Chatterjee has been called to appear before the investigating officers at the city office of the CBI by this afternoon.
File photo of Partha Chatterjee. (PTI Photo)
Kolkata: The CBI on Friday summoned West Bengal minister and TMC secretary general Partha Chatterjee in connection with the investigation into the Saradha scam, a senior officer said.
Chatterjee has been called to appear before the investigating officers at the city office of the CBI by this afternoon, the officer told PTI.
"Yes, Chatterjee has been called to meet our officers for questionning in connection with our probe into the Saradha scam. We are waiting for him," he said.
Chatterjee who is the education minister besides holding the portfolio of legislative affairs, could not be reached for his reaction.
Several calls and texts to his number went unanswered.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Social Distancing, Babysitting, Air-drying Shirts – Who All Make India Quarantine XI?
- Kerala Police Uses Ravi Shastri's 'Tracer Bullet' Commentary to Remind They Are Watching You
- WhatsApp to Soon Introduce Advance Search, Backup Password and Auto Media Download Rules
- WATCH: Indigo Pilot Makes Heartfelt Video for Aviation Industry Struggling Due to COVID-19 Lockdown
- Sony PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller With Adaptive Triggers is Here