CBI Summons Bengal Minister Partha Chatterjee in Connection with Saradha Scam Probe
Partha Chatterjee has been called to appear before the investigating officers at the city office of the CBI by this afternoon.
File photo of Partha Chatterjee. (PTI Photo)
Kolkata: The CBI on Friday summoned West Bengal minister and TMC secretary general Partha Chatterjee in connection with the investigation into the Saradha scam, a senior officer said.
Chatterjee has been called to appear before the investigating officers at the city office of the CBI by this afternoon, the officer told PTI.
"Yes, Chatterjee has been called to meet our officers for questionning in connection with our probe into the Saradha scam. We are waiting for him," he said.
Chatterjee who is the education minister besides holding the portfolio of legislative affairs, could not be reached for his reaction.
Several calls and texts to his number went unanswered.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Shraddha Arya Suffers Head Injury While Performing on Nach Baliye 9, Actress Momentarily Blacks Out
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- 'Superman': Tiger Shroff Deadlifts 200KG With an Ease, Impresses Ishaan Khatter and Fans