CBI to Probe Yamuna Expressway Scam; Books Ex-CEO, 20 Others for Irregularities Worth Rs 126 Crore
The agency has acted on the recommendation of the Uttar Pradesh government to probe alleged irregularities worth Rs 126 crore in the purchase of large areas of land in Mathura for the Yamuna Expressway project.
File photo of Yamuna Expressway. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: The CBI has taken over the investigation into the Yamuna Expressway scam and named former CEO PC Gupta and 20 others in its FIR, officials said on Wednesday.
The agency has acted on the recommendation of the Uttar Pradesh government to probe alleged irregularities worth Rs 126 crore in the purchase of large areas of land in Mathura for the Yamuna Expressway project, they said.
The state government alleged that the land for Yamuna Expressway was purchased in seven Mathura villages by the then Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority at Rs 85 crore which resulted in a loss of Rs 126 crore to the state government, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Says He's Missing Jeff Bezos' ‘Uninhibited Laughter'
- PUBG Addiction: 25-Year-Old Suffers Brain Stroke While Playing Game, Dies
- Australian Open 2020 Live Streaming: Where and Watch to Watch Live Telecast as 1st Grand Slam of Season Starts
- US Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley Becomes an Inspiration to All With Her Powerful Hair Loss Story
- Airtel Thanks Offering Users Two-Day Early Access to Big Bazaar 'Sabse Sasta' Sale