Centre Curtails Tenure of Officer Who Wrote Against Railway Minister Piyush Goyal
The move comes a month after the railway ministry had written to the personnel ministry, asking for Sanjiv Kumar's immediate repatriation for 'breach of official decorum and misconduct'.
File photo of Union minister Piyush Goyal (File Image: Getty Images)
New Delhi: The Centre on Monday curtailed the tenure of Union minister Jitendra Singh's OSD after the railway ministry objected to his article casting aspersions on Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and questioning the wisdom of senior government officials.
According to a Personnel Ministry order, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved premature repatriation of Sanjiv Kumar, a 2005-batch officer of the Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS), it said.
The move comes a month after the railway ministry had written to the personnel ministry, asking for Kumar's immediate repatriation for "breach of official decorum and misconduct". Kumar is the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to Singh, the minister of state in the Prime Minister's Office.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- Lego Shoes, Robo Dog and Vegan Meat: The Quirkiest Finds at Alibaba's Taobao Maker Festival
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma