Centre Withdraws VIP Security Cover of TN Deputy CM Panneerselvam, Opposition Leader MK Stalin
The security cover of these two politicians has been taken off from the central security list after a threat assessment review was made by central security agencies and approved by the Union Home Ministry.
File photo of DMK chief MK Stalin.
New Delhi: The Union government has removed the central security cover of Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam and DMK leader MK Stalin, officials said on Thursday. They said that while Panneerselvam had a smaller 'Y+' cover of central paramilitary commandos, Stalin had a larger 'Z+' protection.
The security cover of these two politicians has been taken off from the central security list after a threat assessment review was made by central security agencies and approved by the Union home ministry, they said.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) commandos were protecting these two leaders of Tamil Nadu. However, they said, the central security cover will be formally taken off after the state police takes over their security task.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Disrespectful to Not Consult My Father, Shekhar Kapur About Mr India 2: Sonam Kapoor
- Hrithik Roshan Visits Shiv Temple on Mahashivratri with Sussanne Khan and Family, See Pics
- Reebok Zig Kinetica Review: When Inspiration From The Past Makes it All Worthwhile
- Mentally Unsound Man Poses as Doctor, Prescribes Medicines to Patients in Madhya Pradesh
- Brisbane Student Offers Rs 950 to Kill Cockroach in His Room, Are You up for It?