Cessna Aircraft Crash at Flying Academy in Maharashtra's Shirpur, DGCA to Probe
The official said that while the student pilot is safe, the Cessna 172R was extensively damaged in the crash. The pilot was shifted to Dhule district after receiving initial treatment at Shirpur.
New Delhi: A trainer aircraft crashed at a flying academy in Maharashtra's Shirpur on Friday following which aviation regulator DGCA is probing the incident, a senior official said.
While the student pilot is safe, the Cessna 172R was extensively damaged in the crash, the official said.
The incident happened at NMIMS Academy of Aviation at Shirpur in Dhule district.
"The plane took off at 11.05 am on Friday. When it was attempting to land after 56 minutes of flying, it crashed on the fencing on the left side. We will be probing the incident," said the official of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
"The student pilot - who was flying the plane - is safe. He was shifted to Dhule district after receiving initial treatment at Shirpur," he said.
The official added the aircraft was damaged extensively, especially its "wings, engine and propeller".
The student is safe and is currently out of danger, the official said.
The DGCA is going to investigate the crash at the flying academy. The academy has three Cessna 172R aicraft in its fleet.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- PM Modi Clicks Selfie with SRK and Aamir, Twitter Imagines Akshay Kumar's Reaction