Fire Breaks Out in Train Compartment at New Delhi Station, All Passengers Safe
Officials said fire was reported onboard the Chandigarh-Kochuveli Express at around 1.30pm.
Firefighters attempt to douse the fire caught in the generator cabin of a train, at New Delhi Railway Station, in New Delhi, Friday, Sept 6, 2019. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: A fire broke out in the rear power car of the Chandigarh-Kochuvalli Express as it was departing the New Delhi station on Friday, a railway spokesperson said. No passenger was injured, Northern Railway spokesperson Deepak Kumar said.
"The fire broke out in the rear power car of the 12218 Chandigarh-Kochuvalli Express around 1:40 pm," he said, adding that the incident occurred when the train was leaving platform number eight.
The fire has been extinguished. Twelve fire tenders were rushed to the spot, a fire department official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022