Chhattisgarh Steel Company Employee Jumps into Furnace, Dies Instantly
Eyewitnesses said Narendra Rai, a project manager at Singhal Steel and Power Enterprises, suddenly jumped into furnace no. 7 during an inspection and the molten steel incinerated him instantly,
Raigarh: A steel company employee allegedly committed suicide by jumping into a furnace at a factory in Punjipathra industrial area of Chhattisgarh's Raigarh district on Wednesday, police said.
The incident occurred around 3am, when Narendra Rai, a project manager (furnace) at Singhal Steel and Power Enterprises, was conducting an inspection at the ingot manufacturing section, an official said.
According to eyewitnesses, Rai suddenly jumped into furnace no. 7, and the molten steel incinerated him instantly, he said.
A native of Jamshedpur, Rai was living alone in the residential colony of the steel plant, where he had been employed for the last 10 years, he said.
Police have registered a case of suicide and further probe in the matter is underway, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Huawei Has a New Foldable Phone Called The Mate Xs And it Costs $2700
- On J Jayalalithaa's Birth Anniversary, Kangana Ranaut's New Thalaivi Still Goes Viral
- Poco X2 Will Get The Android 11 Update; You Have Something to Look Forward to
- Bengaluru 'Bottle Artist' Captures Trump and Modi in Glass Jars to Welcome POTUS to India
- Gaming in India Will be Bigger Than Music, Movies & TV Shows Put Together, Says Mukesh Ambani