Chinese Helicopter Sighted in Indian Airspace in Chamoli District
A suspected Chinese helicopter was on Saturday seen flying over Indian territory in Barahoti area of Chamoli district close to Sino-India border, prompting authorities to launch a probe.
File photo of Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Zhi-9 helicopters (REUTERS)
Dehradun: A suspected Chinese helicopter was on Saturday seen flying over Indian territory in Barahoti area of Chamoli district close to Sino-India border, prompting authorities to launch a probe.
"One chopper was sighted hovering over Barahoti area violating Indian airspace at 9.15 AM. It remained inside the Indian airspace for nearly four minutes," Chamoli Superintendent of Police Tripti Bhatt told PTI.
"There have been similar airspace violations in the past too. However, we cannot say whether the violation was a deliberate act of recce or an unintentional deviation," the SP said.
The SP said an investigation is underway to ascertain details of the airspace violation.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranbir Kapoor's Cousin Aadar Jain, Tara Sutaria Papped Post Dinner, Fuel Dating Rumours
- An Apple Watch Saved This Man’s Life by Calling For Help After a Bad Fall
- Scientists Just Created Picture of What Our Ancient Ancestor Looked Like Using DNA
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year