Chinese Man Detained from Nagpur Hotel and Hospitalised over Coronavirus Fears
He was shifted to Indira Gandhi Government Medical College and Hospital (IGGMCH) where doctors conducted a check-up. They have not found any symptoms of coronavirus as yet, police said.
Nagpur: A Chinese national working in Umred in rural Nagpur was on Tuesday detained and shifted to a hospital in view of the novel coronavirus outbreak, police said.
The man had arrived in the country in December from China, from where the coronavirus broke out, an official said.
"We got information about this man when we were checking a hotel. He was shifted to Indira Gandhi Government Medical College and Hospital (IGGMCH) where doctors conducted a check-up. They have not found any symptoms of coronavirus as yet," Inspector Vilas Kale of Umred police station said.
He was staying in the hotel since March 15, he added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- India's Youngest Differently-Abled Chess Prodigy Donates 2 Lakh Prize Money to PM CARES Fund
- Malaika Arora Gets Candid About Her Divorce From Arbaaz Khan: Everyone Said Don't Do It
- Money Heist Season 4 Review: Professor Returns Without A Plan And This May Cost Him
- Xiaomi Phones to Cost More: All The New Price Tags of Redmi Smartphones
- This Electric HM Ambassador Rendered by DC2 Makes Us Wish it Was a Reality