Chinese Military Tests Battle Tank in Tibet Near Indian Border
The Chinese military on Thursday said it has conducted trials of a lightweight battle tank in Tibet near the Indian border.
Amid standoff around Dokalam area, three senior ministers of the Narendra Modi government travelled to mainland China this week for multilateral and bilateral meetings. (Representative Image)
Beijing: The Chinese military on Thursday said it has conducted trials of a lightweight battle tank in Tibet near the Indian border.
The 35-tonne tank has carried out trials in the plains of Tibet, PLA spokesman Col Wu Qian said in a media briefing here.
He was responding to questions about media reports that the People's Liberation Army has carried out an exercise involving a new type of 35-tonne lightweight tank in Tibet.
When asked whether it is targeted against India, the PLA spokesman said, "The purpose is to test the parameters of the equipment and is not targeted against any country."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common