Chinmayanand Case: SIT Searches Law Student’s Hostel Room in Shahjahanpur for Five Hours
The SIT members, accompanied by forensic experts, spent over five hours at the hostel to collect evidence in connection with her allegations against the former Union minister Swami Chinmayanand.
File photo of BJP leader Chinmayanand.
Shahjahanpur: Members of a special investigation team on Tuesday searched the hostel room here of the student who has accused BJP leader Swami Chinmayanand of raping and physically exploiting her for a year.
The SIT members, accompanied by forensic experts, spent over five hours at the hostel to collect evidence in connection with her allegations against the former Union minister, college sources said.
The student and her family members accompanied the SIT members during the search, they said. The team, which reached the hostel around noon, remained in the room till past 5 pm, examining the postgraduate student's belongings. After the search, the room was locked and sealed.
The SIT, headed by Inspector General Naveen Arora, was set up by the Uttar Pradesh government on a Supreme Court directive.
The woman appeared before the press on Monday, alleging that Chinmayanand had raped her, and also physically exploited her for one year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes