Chopped Body Parts of Child Found Near Rail Track in Thane
The culprit killed the child, chopped the body into pieces, packed them in the bag and threw it from a running train, official said.
Thane: Chopped body parts suspected to be of a child have been found near a railway track in Thane district of Maharashtra, a police official said on Monday.
A message was received by Kalyan police on Sunday evening about some body parts lying in bushes adjoining the railway track in Titwala area, he said.
The police rushed to the spot and seized the highly decomposed head and legs, believed to be of a child around 10 to 12 years of age whose gender was yet to be ascertained, the official at Kalyan police station said.
The other body parts were still missing, he said, adding that a gunny bag was also found near the spot.
The official said they suspect that the culprit killed the child, chopped the body into pieces, packed them in the bag and threw it from a running train. Efforts were on to identify the deceased, he said.
A case was registered under Indian Penal Code Sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) and a search for the killer was on, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Angad Bedi is All Praise for Ex-flame Nora Fatehi
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Post #MeToo, 19% Men Don't Want to Hire 'Attractive' Women, Reveals Survey
- A Pakistani Pop-Singer is Facing Legal Action for Threatening PM Modi with Snakes
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma