CISF DG Briefs Rajnath Singh Over Security of Airports, Ports
Central Industrial Security Force chief O.P. Singh on Thursday briefed Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on the security arrangements at the airports, ports and other vital installations guarded by the central force.
File photo of Home Minister Rajnath Singh. (PTI)
New Delhi: Central Industrial Security Force chief O.P. Singh on Thursday briefed Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on the security arrangements at the airports, ports and other vital installations guarded by the central force.
The CISF Director General's meeting with the Home Minister and Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju followed the surgical strikes carried out by Indian forces on terrorist launch pads across the Line of Control early on Thursday.
It was O.P. Singh's first meeting with Rajnath Singh after taking over as Director General of CISF on September 26.
"The present security situation in the country was discussed in the meeting. O.P. Singh briefed the two Ministers on the steps taken by the CISF to strengthen security at vital installations, including airports and ports," a Home Ministry official said.
A group of four Jaish-e-Mohammad militants had attacked an army camp in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir on September 18, leaving 18 soldiers dead and 30 others injured.
Recommended For You
- Tata 45X Premium Hatchback's Production Version Confirmed For Geneva Debut, Video Teased
- Gully Boy Crosses Rs 100 Cr Mark, Total Dhamaal Gets a Good Opening
- Ranveer Singh Uploads Crazy Dance Video and You'll Never Guess What Deepika Padukone Calls Him
- Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hain Actress Saumya Tandon's House Catches Fire
- 2019 Ford Endeavour Launched in India for Rs 28.19 Lakh, Gets Manual in 2.2L Engine
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s