CISF to Replace J&K Police at Srinagar and Jammu Airports
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) will, however, continue to provide security at these two vital installations as per the existing mechanism, an official spokesman said.
File photo of CISF Personnel guarding airports. (Image for representation/PTI)
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir administration on Saturday said the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) will take over the security related duties being performed by the local police at Srinagar and Jammu airports by the end of this month.
However, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) will continue to provide security at these two vital installations as per the existing mechanism, an official spokesman said.
"Acting upon the inspection of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS), and to bring the Union Territory of J and K at par with the rest of the country, process has been initiated for the CISF to take over the security related duties being performed by the J and K Police at Srinagar and Jammu airports by January 31, while the CRPF will continue to provide security as per the existing mechanism," he said.
The spokesman said suitable arrangements, accordingly, are underway for deployment of the CISF personnel at the two airports.
"Given the expertise of the CISF in the field of aviation security, all airports across the country handling the passenger traffic are being provided security by the force," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Twitter Comes Crashing Down as Photo of 'Great Wall of Ahmedabad' Built to Welcome Trump Goes Viral
- Watch: Elderly Pune Woman Stands on Pavement and Scolds Bikers Riding on the Footpath
- India vs Australia, FIH Hockey Pro League 2020 HIGHLIGHTS: India Beat Australia in Penalty Shootout
- The One Where They Reunite: The 'FRIENDS' Reunion is Happening, and Fans Cannot Keep Calm
- Bhutan's PM Urges Every Citizen to Adopt 'Stray Dogs' as Birthday 'Gift' to its King