Civilian Shot Dead by Militants on Outskirts of Srinagar, Security Stepped Up
The officials said three youths came on a motorcycle and pumped bullets into the civilian when he was closing his shop.
Image for representation.
Srinagar: A middle-aged man was killed by militants in Parimpora area, on the outskirts of Srinagar city on Thursday night, officials said.
The deceased has been identified as Ghulam Mohammed who owned a shop there. The officials said three youths came on a motorcycle and pumped bullets into the civilian when he was closing his shop.
Security has been strengthened further in the area and police is on a lookout for the killers.
The incident comes days after militants from the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) terror group abducted and killed two members of the nomadic Gujjar community from a forested area in Pulwama district. Abdul Qadeer Kohli of Rajauri district and Manzoor Ahmed of Khonmoh area of Srinagar were abducted by unidentified gunmen from 'Dhok', a temporary shelter, from the forested area of Tral in Pulwama district around 7:30 pm on Monday, a police spokesperson said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships