Bengaluru Teen Jumps Before Train After Mother Scolds Him for Being Late for School
The 18-year-old has sustained head injuries and is being treated at the National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences.
Photo for representation.
Bengaluru: Chided by his mother for going late to school, a 10th standard student allegedly attempted suicide by jumping in front of a Metro train here Friday, police said.
The 18-year-old student was saved in the nick of time as the alert train driver Madivalappa applied sudden brake and he escaped getting run over, police said.
However, as a result of the fall on the track, he sustained head injuries, they said.
He is being treated at the National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS).
The student's parents run a tailoring shop here, police said. On learning about the incident, Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy visited the injured student.
He told reporters that it was sad that some people take the extreme step over petty issues and advised against taking such drastic decisions.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Climate Change Not Asteroid Strike Killed Dinosaurs, Says New Study
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Salman Khan Promises 'Mad Manoranjan' with Bigg Boss 13 Promo, Announces Launch Date
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser