Bengaluru Teen Jumps Before Train After Mother Scolds Him for Being Late for School
The 18-year-old has sustained head injuries and is being treated at the National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences.
Photo for representation.
Bengaluru: Chided by his mother for going late to school, a 10th standard student allegedly attempted suicide by jumping in front of a Metro train here Friday, police said.
The 18-year-old student was saved in the nick of time as the alert train driver Madivalappa applied sudden brake and he escaped getting run over, police said.
However, as a result of the fall on the track, he sustained head injuries, they said.
He is being treated at the National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS).
The student's parents run a tailoring shop here, police said. On learning about the incident, Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy visited the injured student.
He told reporters that it was sad that some people take the extreme step over petty issues and advised against taking such drastic decisions.
Recommended For You
- I Did It Because I was in Love, Says Anushka Sharma on Why She Married Virat Kohli at 29
- Rohit and Bumrah Included as ICC Announce Team of the World Cup
- BFFs Suhana Khan, Ananya Panday Dance on 'Rude' Like There's No Tomorrow
- War Teaser Trailer Starring Hritik Roshan Has People Contesting Memes With Super 30
- Jofra Archer Had Predicted the Super Over Outcome in World Cup Final 6 Years Ago. Here's Proof.