Bengaluru Teen Jumps Before Train After Mother Scolds Him for Being Late for School
The 18-year-old has sustained head injuries and is being treated at the National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences.
Photo for representation.
Bengaluru: Chided by his mother for going late to school, a 10th standard student allegedly attempted suicide by jumping in front of a Metro train here Friday, police said.
The 18-year-old student was saved in the nick of time as the alert train driver Madivalappa applied sudden brake and he escaped getting run over, police said.
However, as a result of the fall on the track, he sustained head injuries, they said.
He is being treated at the National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS).
The student's parents run a tailoring shop here, police said. On learning about the incident, Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy visited the injured student.
He told reporters that it was sad that some people take the extreme step over petty issues and advised against taking such drastic decisions.
Recommended For You
- Perry Continues to Fly the Flag for Women’s Cricket with Ashes Heroics
- How NASA Astronauts Were Treated to Hero's Welcome on Return to Earth
- Arbaaz Khan on Divorce from Malaika Arora: This Doesn't Mean We Will Hate Each Other
- Reliance Jio Q1 Results: Users Consume More Data Per Month as Jio Overtakes Airtel
- PUBG Mobile: Here are Top Five Features Added With Season 8