Class 12 Student Jumps to Death from Overhead Water Tank in MP Even as Police Tried to Save Her
The police were alerted when someone saw the 19-year-old woman standing on top of the overhead water tank in her locality.
Shivpuri: A 19-year-old woman allegedly ended her life by jumping from an overhead water tank in Madhya Pradesh's Shivpuri town on Tuesday, the police said.
The police tried to dissuade Sakshi Tiwari, the woman, from taking the extreme step, but she jumped off before any further step could be taken to save her, an official said. Tiwari, a resident of Priyadarshani Colony, was studying in class 12 at the Rainbow Higher Secondary School in the town, said police inspector Deepti Tomar.
The police were alerted when someone saw Tiwari standing on top of the overhead water tank in her locality, and Tomar and other officials rushed to the spot.
"I tried my best to persuade her to climb down, but she did not budge and instead jumped off," the inspector said.
Tiwari was declared brought dead at the hospital. "We have registered a case. We are investigating what prompted her to end her life," the officer added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone
- Mithali Raj Dedicates Taylor Swift Song to Troll Criticising Her Language Preferences
- Bajaj Brings Back Iconic 'Chetak' Scooter in an All-Electric Avatar: Here's All You Need to Know
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India