Class 2 Girl Raped in Delhi School Records Statement, Reiterates Charges
The seven-year-old girl reiterated all the charges against the accused. She recalled that the accused had also tried to pull her towards himself on Tuesday, but she had somehow escaped, police said.
New Delhi: The Class 2 student who was allegedly raped by an electrician in a New Delhi Municipal Council school recorded her statement before a magistrate on Saturday, police said.
The seven-year-old girl reiterated all the charges against the accused. She recalled that the accused had also tried to pull her towards himself on Tuesday, but she had somehow escaped, they said.
The girl was leaving school on Wednesday when the 47-year-old accused allegedly took her to a pump room inside the school premises and forced himself on her.
Police said they would file a charge sheet within 20 days and demand a speedy trial in the case.
A senior police officer alleged negligence on the part of school in ensuring the safety of the schoolchildren.
"There were no teachers to escort the students to the main gate. The girl was running towards the main gate when the accused took her to the pump house and raped her," he said. PTI
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers