Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
News18 English
News18 » India
1-min read

Class 5 Girl Dies After Drinking From Classmate's Water Bottle in Delhi School

The bottle from which she had 'water' after lunch has been seized and will be sent for forensic examination to ascertain the cause of the girl's death, police said.

PTI

Updated:March 6, 2019, 10:13 PM IST
facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp
Research, gene, dna, science, technology news
Image for representation purpose only.
Loading...

New Delhi: A Class 5 student of a private school in Delhi died on Wednesday after she drank from a classmate's water bottle, which is suspected to have contained an "acid-like substance", police said.

The incident happened at a school in northeast Delhi's Harsh Vihar area and the 11-year-old girl, who died, lives nearby.

After having lunch, she drank from a classmate's water bottle. Then she vomited in the classroom, following which she was taken to Guru Teg Bahadur hospital, where she died during the course of treatment, a senior police officer said.

A case has been registered and an investigation is underway, Atul Kumar Thakur, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northeast) said.

Sources said it is suspected that the girl consumed a corrosive substance. The forensic teams collected samples from the spot and it was found that the portion of the floor where she had thrown up was completely discoloured, leading the police to suspect she had consumed acid.

The bottle from which she had "water" after lunch has been seized and will be sent for forensic examination to ascertain the cause of the girl's death, police said.

Officials said the exact cause of the death will be ascertained through the autopsy report, which is awaited.

Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.

Read full article
Loading...
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp

Live TV

Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results