Class 8 DPS Student Succumbs to Dengue Fever in Ahmedabad
Dubey had a fever last Monday. When it did not subside he was admitted to a private hospital on SG Road, where he then developed severe complications and finally succumbed.
A News18 creative by Mir Suhail.
A class 8 student of Delhi Public School in Ahmedabad succumbed to dengue fever.
“We are saddened by the demise of one of their students to dengue. Dubey had last attended school on September 9 and then was on study leave at home. He had come to school on September 16 to take an exam,” Unmesh Dixit, officer on special duty at DPS, told The Times of India.
Dubey had a fever last Monday and when it did not subside, he was admitted to a private hospital on SG Road, where he then developed severe complications and finally succumbed.
The year has been especially bad for children, with five succumbing to dengue-related complications earlier.
Dr Manoj Vitthalani said that students should, without fail, apply mosquito repellant and should wear dull-sleeved shirts and full pants to avoid mosquito bites.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Mouni Roy Shares Romantic Moment with Salman Khan, Dances to Odhni Song
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Of Fruits and Females: Why Turkish Preacher Comparing Women to 'Peeled Apples' isn't Surprising
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When