Class I Student Booked for Attempt to Rape Classmate in Haryana
The girl, who went with her cousins to a government primary school, was crying when she returned home, her mother said in the complaint, police said.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail.
Chandigarh: The Haryana Police has registered a case of attempt to rape against a Class 1 student on a complaint of the mother of a five-year-old victim, an official said. Police are trying to identify the boy.
The incident took place three days ago in Sirsa district, Deputy Superintendent of Police Ramesh Kumar said.
The girl, who went with her cousins to a government primary school, was crying when she returned home, her mother said in the complaint, according to the DSP. The mother claimed that one of the students had allegedly tried to rape her daughter.
On the basis of a complaint, police booked a student of Class I, who is yet to be identified, under relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, Kumar said.
The girl has been admitted to a local hospital, police said. We are trying to identify the boy, the DSP said.
Police said they would show pictures of students to the victim for identification of the boy. Villagers on Monday held a protest outside the school against the incident, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inspired by 50s Puppet Show or Just for Appeal? Internet is Wondering What 'Howdy Modi' Means
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- After Burning it Out at The Gym, Disha Patani Slays the Dance Floor with Killer Moves
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image