Cleric Arrested for Getting Passport for Wife on False Information in UP
The cleric allegedly applied for a passport for his second wife and gave documents of his first wife, who had already died.
Image for representation only.
Muzaffarnagar: A cleric was arrested for allegedly providing forged documents for getting passport for his wife in Shamli district, police said.
The cleric allegedly applied for a passport for his second wife and gave documents of his first wife, who had already died, Station House Officer Anil Kumar said.
During investigation, it was found that the passport documents were in the name of first wife. He had married his sister-in-law after the death of his first wife, he said. A case was registered against him, the officer said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Plumber's Re 0 Invoice for 91-Year-Old Ill Woman Earns Him Praises on Internet
- Want a 1Gbps Broadband Connection For Your Home? That Will be Rs 1,549 Onwards
- You Can Now Talk to Amazon Alexa in Hindi or Hinglish
- Sunil Grover Finally Breaks Silence on The Kapil Sharma Show Comeback Rumours
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost